Thursday 16 August 2012

stila in the light palette



Stila in the light palette - £25 from feel unique

For the longest time I have wanted the Urban Decay naked palette but with its £36 price tag I was easily put off. Recently as I have got more into reading blogs I was constantly stumbling across comparisons to similar palettes which lead me to the discovery of this Stila palette. It was my first time ordering from feel unique and I can safely say that the service was great, no problems and with free delivery as well I can't complain! The order was a rather impulsive one, without seeing it in person before which isn't something that I would usually do with makeup. However the blogging community had described the palette perfectly from the colours to the texture, I can confirm it is as good as they say!

The colours are simply divine and are just as wonderful in real life as they are when fancily edited on blogs. They have a wonderful creamy texture and excellent pigmentation compared to my other eye shadow palettes from coastal scents. The saying that you get what you pay for is definitely true in this case with this quality being amazing. 

Value for money?
As a firm believer in drugstore makeup £25 seemed a step too far but now having the palette I do think its worth the money. The palette contains 10 14g eye shadows and a full size smudge stick waterproof eye liner in damsel as well as a small guide on four different eye looks. With the smudge stick being priced at £13 individually you really are getting a good deal however if they removed the liner and charged £12 I would be a real fan. I do like brown liner but I know that the majority of people would have hoped they included a black liner instead. Its like when you get a free gift at the drugstore for purchasing over a certain amount, it sounds great with a free mascara, eyeshadow and lip gloss until you open your blue mascara. 

Would I still buy the naked palette?
I am still tempted to but do I really need both? No. However my sensible side of my brain does go on holiday from time to time so you'll probably see me tweet about purchasing it one day.

Closing note:
I am incredibly happy with the palette, in particular the gold and bronze shades which I love to pair with icy pink cheeks against my fair skin.

1 comment:

  1. This is on my birthday wishlist, looks beautiful :) Great post! x

    ReplyDelete